Thursday, November 29, 2007

Vomit Bark!


Ever have a really great idea that you just can't understand why no one else ever thought of? You know how people make Lemon Bark with melted white chocolate and crushed-up lemon candies? Well I thought, "Hey, root beer barrels would be just like a root beer float-I'll make a batch."


I just wasn't counting on the redish-brown puke colour, and the crushed-up pieces of candy don't help it to look any less like puke. I suppose I lose the right to make fun of other bloggers chocolate crescent cookies that look like poop after this. Well, OK I'm still going to make fun of cookies that look like poop, but this is right up there in the high ranks of ideas that didn't pan out as intended.


On the other hand, I think this might be the perfect Christmas gift for teenage boys.


"Hey look, Goody sent me vomit bark."

"No way man, she didn't send me any vomit bark."

"Goody loves me more."

"Shut up and share your vomit bark, dude."


Now I'll just sit back and wait for the bizarre Google hits (I'm sure I'll be the #1 listing for Vomit Bark) to start arriving.


If you feel compelled to try this:


Melt 12 oz. white chocolate. Stir in 25 crushed root beer barrel candies. Spread on parchment and set in fridge before breaking into pieces.

No comments: