Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Banana Ketchup



I buy bananas when they are on sale. No one eats said bananas. I make banana bread. This time, I made banana ketchup.

I had a friend at university from the Philippines who was revolted by American Ketchup . I'm revolted by American ketchup as well, but at least I didn't try it the first time expecting bananas-that would have been quite the shock. Anyway, I have no idea if this is authentic, but the recipe was easy enough to follow. I did have to cook it down and then run it through a food mill as I do not have a food processor-but it worked fine. I now have two quarts of the stuff, so I'm hoping it works well on toast with cheese (it is vaguely chutney-like in flavour). I can't really see this on potatoes. *shrugs*. I'm not buying any more bananas.

Recipe HERE.

No comments: