Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

Well, that's that. We've been through Chanukah, Danny's Birthday, and Christmas. Danny's Birthday quilt is a few days from complete, and Mr. ETB has off work until 2 January.

The Christmas cake, and steamed pudding were enjoyed. Danny's Birthday cakes were re-made yesterday as he only had the chance to eat a single slice before the power gave out, and felt a little cheated. I think the decorating on the second ones came out better anyway.

In an un-planned happy coincidence, Mr. ETB bought Danny Rock-em-Sock-em Robots, and I bought him boxing gloves, and a punching bag. He likes boxing, my little accordion playing, Classics reading, pugilist. Kids these days. He really wants accordion lessons...and boxing training. I think we can swing that-it has to be better than sitting through football, and piano recitals.

Mr. ETB bought me the most beautiful set of six hand-made terracotta cookie stamps. He also tracked down two of my favourite records from a million years ago that have disappeared from my collection over time (That's the polite way of saying someone took them). Danny made me a beautiful card, we all had a lovely dinner, and tomorrow I am going to force Danny to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, which I picked up at the library sale for .25 cents.

I gave Mr. ETB pens-two fine point, one fountain. I also purchased some Saskatoon berry (and apple) hard cider. We haven't tried that yet, maybe we'll save that for New Years.

In the end, I managed six fishes for Christmas eve, all tossed into a festive paella. I can't say enough nice things about paella-it is nearly impossible to screw up, provided you use good rice.

So Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and I'll see you in 2013.

No comments: