Monday, April 22, 2013

Chili Spiced Tilapia

This was an improvisation that the boys insisted I post. The recipe is about as simple as it gets, and makes me wonder why I bother with complicated dishes. Make extra, as you probably won't have leftovers. Really, the kid is still going on about how great the fish was. *Shrug*. Believe me, I'm not complaining that he likes the easiest thing I've ever tossed in the oven on a few minute's notice. Anyway, this might be a good one to write down for some evening when you're pressed for time.

This would work with most fish, but I had frozen tilapia filets.

You Will Need:

4-6 Tilapia filets
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon peel
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder (mine is a mix of ancho, and other mild peppers)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking dish, and arrange the fish. Melt the butter, and stir in everything else. Pour over the fish, and bake 10-15 minutes until fish is done.

I served this over slices of fried polenta ("mush") with a black bean, corn, and red pepper salsa.

No comments: