Monday, November 25, 2013

1970's Maxi Skirt and Matching Waistcoat

 

Finding something to fit beneath this set was maddening. The skirt is unlined, so the hem of any shirt shows through appearing as a roll of fat (got those as well, but at least I earned those). The navy blue, and tomato red checks should have been simple enough to match with a shirt, but it took the better part of an hour before I settled on the velour top. It was bulky beneath the waistcoat, something my already squished-up boobs did not need. a 36 D has no business wearing tight fitting anything, much less patterns. I don't think this looked terrible, but it will probably not be something I wear again-at least not both pieces together.
 


 Outfit Particulars:
1970's Waistcoat and maxi skirt-Thrift World, Millard .99 cents
1970's Velvet Jacket-A thrift store in Ottawa in the 90's
Shoes-K-Mart
Earrings and Necklace-The Mexican Shop, Evanston, Illinois early 80's
Velour top-Marshall Field's late 80's early 90's
Bracelets-Claire's a couple years ago
Pin-Mum's 60's or 70's I think


 Of course, once I put a jacket over the pieces it disguised all the flaws.
 I've had these earrings since the early 80's (at least) but never wore them much. Similar story with the necklace.
 This pin was my mothers. It may also be worn as a necklace.
The only member of this family with any fashion sense.

No comments: