Sunday, November 10, 2013

A 1930's Velour Hat

 I feel so, "Bonnie and Clyde" in this get-up.
 
No one wanted to rob a bank, so we went out thrifting instead.
 

 

 
 I've had this hat for years-I can't remember where I bought it, other than I lived in Massachusetts. It is in rough condition, but considering how old it is, I can't complain.

 The label calls the material "velour" and says it is made from imported, "fur." does anyone know if velour meant fur in those days? It feels like felt.
 Outfit Particulars:

30's (I think) hat-thrifted in the early 90's
Earrings: Gran's
Glass beads: Sarpy County jumble sale
Cardigan: Marshall Field's Country Shop-80's
Gloves: Thrifted
Handbag: Thrifted
Skirt: Sears, about 20 years ago. It is much too large, so I wear it as a low-waisted skirt because I am too lazy to alter it.


 Terrible photo, but I wanted to show the texture of the cardigan and the waistline of the skirt.

No comments: