Thursday, December 19, 2013

Big Christmas Pants!

 


When I bought these trousers twenty years ago, they were a whim that I figured would get a few wears before being discarded. Well, was I ever wrong! Each year they get dragged out, and thanks to the elastic waistband, I've been able to wear them as maternity clothing as well (and believe me, there isn't much out there for a pregnant lady to wear come Christmas time). Red crushed velvet palazzo pants won't get much wear outside of December, but it is nice to know I have something to wear should the need arise to look halfway festive.
I swear, I DO clean the bathroom mirror.

Of course, I think we all know my idea of "festive" isn't about to be limited by a pair of crushed velvet trousers. No sir, if there's an opportunity to wear too much-and then add a bit more, I'm all over it.
If only I had more wrist to accommodate the baubles! Gee whiz, I really need to take a lint brush to the waistcoat! I didn't notice that until I posted the photo. Getting old, and going blind isn't fun.
Outfit Particulars:

Esprit velvet waistcoat-80's
Red Crushed velvet palazzo pants-Bloomingdale's early 90's
Velour tunic-Marshall Field's late 80's
1960's beads (green) thrifted
50's brooch-thrifted
Earrings-Big Lots
Mandolin locket necklace-80's retail (can't remember)
Laura Ashley shoes-thrifted
Black and rhinestone bracelet-Mum's
White rhinestone bracelet-Claire's I think
Red glass ring-Hobby Lobby

 
 

No comments: