Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Natural Habitat of the Greater Yellowlegs

...the library, of course!
I call these my, "big Bird" tights, but I do love them.
 Quite a climb up to the library, particularly in heels-but so very worth it! We have the best library branch in our neighbourhood, and we spend a fair amount of time here.
An elderly man noticed us snapping photos. I told him this was a great photo spot, and he said he wondered why I was so dressed up. I guess this is dressed up for Omaha.
Later, I headed over to Midtown to look at the holiday windows before they were gone. I groped an elf because you don't go look at Christmas windows and not grope an elf. I mean, there's traditions to be upheld. Or downheld...or groped. Anyway, the elf wasn't well endowed or anything noteworthy, so I left soon after.
Outfit Particulars:

1960's rayon dress-Thrift World .98 cents
1970's polyester jacket (part of a pantsuit set)-Thrift World .98 cents
Belt-Thrifted, Goodwill
 1960's Wooden necklace-Thrifted
Yellow tights-Target
Shoes-Thrifted
Bangles-thrifted various locations. The thin green bakelite Danny spotted at Goodwill for $1.99 (the kid has a good eye)
Earrings-K Mart (I think)
1970's Bags by TJ, Florence Alabama-Generations thrift store, Crossroads Mall, Omaha (I HAD to buy it, it has my monogram!)
 1960's Floral Coat (part of an ensemble) by Modeste East (thrifted YEARS) ago in Illinois. My sister thought I'd lost my mind when I bought it at some junk shop she'd taken me to in her town. I think I paid a fiver, but I can't say for certain. I know it wasn't much.
 Well, almost (my middle initial is "s" not "h" but good enough.

 Granny beads! I adore wooden beads.
 Danny spotted the green bracelet. The pink ones are plastic, the others are bakelite.
The bracelets on my right arm are both cheap plastic. Fine with me.

This outfit really attracted compliments, which is strange as it was kinda thrown together on a whim. We had a glorious 60 degree day to enjoy, but unfortunately, we are dropping to 7 degrees tonight with some crazy windchill  of -20 degrees F. You have to enjoy the decent days when you get them, as winter in this part of the country tends to be long, and on the brutal side. I didn't want to wait until May to dress like an Easter egg.

I bought another fake fur coat today, though the collar is real mink. Since the last one washed so well in a tub full of Woolite, I figured it was worth a shot with another. Good timing too, if the forecasts are correct.



No comments: