Sunday, June 22, 2014

Miss Liberty

Whenever I wear this top, I'm tempted to fashion a crown and torch as accessories. Not that there's anything wrong with looking like the Statue of Liberty, I just have to really think of ways to style an outfit around the top. It was hot today, so I went with shorts. Lady Liberty at the disco, if you will.
I ordered two inexpensive wigs this morning to get a feel for the styles before splashing out on something expensive. I can dress my hair up with necklaces, but the fact remains that there's more scalp on show than hair. I'm tired of fiddling with it, and looking at photos post after post, there's no hiding the fact that there's less, and less hair. I'm cool with that, and I used to wear wigs when I was working to save time in the morning-I'm confident I'll find something I like. Then, I can cut it short which will probably help my hair look fuller (and undoubtedly, greyer). Maybe I can get a badass head tattoo.
Outfit Particulars:

Gold top-Jennifer Lopez for Kohls (really)
Green 70's bracelet-Hand-Me-Ups
Black and gold necklace worn as a bracelet-Goodwill
Egyptian-style earrings-K Mart
Shiny dark denim shorts-K Mart
70's handbag-Goodwill


 

I really need to find a gold skirt so I can do a proper Statue of Liberty.

I'm off to put the finishing touches on the syllabus and then get roaring drunk cook dinner.

Have a great week, everyone.

8 comments:

Connie said...

Actually I see Cleopatra. Very glamorous.

Sue said...

Wigs are good and I cannot wait to see what you have ordered. Gold and shorts you hot mumma you!!

Curtise said...

Like Connie, I was thinking Egyptian, what with the earrings and hair adornment as well as the pleated top. Glorious in gold, and rocking those shorts, love! xxx

Autumn said...

Very stylish look. I'm dealing with the same hair issues which is why I stopped dyeing 2 years ago. It helped, no actual scalp showing yet, but still lose hairs at an alarming rate. I have quite a hat collection going, but hadn't thought of wigs...yet. Can't wait to see!

Jayne H said...

Hope the Statue of Liberty managed to remain upright to cook tea and managed to keep those sleeves away from any naked flames.

Joanna said...

Wigs give you a lot of options for styling and so much less fuss than styling. I'd totally love to see you in a pink or purple wig lol. Or hey, to totally rock the granny look you could go a very pale blue and blame in on hair dye:) Good luck on your wig purchase:)

Goody said...

@Jayne
I DID change the shirt before cooking.

@Joanna
One of the wigs is a 30% grey, which I thought would be about where I'm at. The wig I was less sure about (centre part) comes in several beautiful slightly blue greys, so if I like it in black, I may go and order a blue one. I don't think I could pull off pink or purple, but I did sport a very deep Manic Panic magenta colour in the 80's. The man I was dating at the time was really struggling to find something nice to say when he saw what I'd done with the dye, and ended up mumbling something about it being, "Strangely alluring." I always thought that would be a good name for a blog (or a band).

Janice said...

I have a friend who is rocking a very short haircut. She actually went from mid back length to barely an inch in length. Quite shocking to see her at first but, it really suits her. You have such a confident beauty, you would convince me that a head tattoo sounds like a good idea. There's a certain exhilaration that comes with re-inventing ourselves.