Monday, July 28, 2014
This dress was another .98 cent prize from Thrift World, and it still had the original tags. I thought that was pretty great so I washed it, and didn't really look it over too closely as it was unworn. It was only as I lifted my arms to put up my hair that I noticed both sleeves were unfinished along part of the seam. Upon taking the dress off and examining it, it was clear there never was any stitching. Someone must have been slacking at the dress factory. I was able to fix it in a few minutes, but it does remind me that even unworn and deadstock items can have issues.
Early 80's polyester dress-Thrift World
Red polyester 70's jacket-Thrift World
Belt-Sears, long ago
In other news...
I bought a dress form today for photographing clothing, etc. I find so much stuff that is too good to leave, but not useful personally, so I'm setting up shop. Nothing large scale, but a place to pass along the wonderful things that I couldn't squeeze my bottom into if my life depended on it. I haven't taken it live yet, but I bought the dot.com domain, and have started a blog to showcase vintage specific items. I suppose that means I'll have to put a bit more effort into learning some photography hacks, but that's OK. There isn't much to see yet, but the vintage blog is here:
I thought it would be good to have a photo-heavy place where people don't have to struggle through my poorly punctuated blathering when they just want to see the polyester bell bottoms. We'll see how it goes.
*In fairness to my Great Aunt, she was a bit of a nosy-nose, but as far as I know she never helped herself to my mother's tranquilisers. We might have all been better off if she had.