Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Keep Our Neighbours in Your Thoughts

Around 10 AM I had a computer screen shoved in my face with the nervous instruction to, "Look what's going down in Ottawa."

There's the disconnect of seeing the footage, reading the scrolling headline, and thinking that somehow it must be wrong. Wishing it were wrong. What the hell has anyone got against Canada? Aren't they the last refuge for the helpless the world has?

I don't know anything. I can't summon the right words. I'm so sorry Canada has had to experience this horror. They'll have to sort through what has happened in the coming days, but I'm convinced as firmly as I've ever been convinced of anything that Canada will still be Canada.

Send some love to our Canadian friends as they grieve tonight.

1 comment:

Curtise said...

Just terribly, terribly tragic. xxx