Monday, April 30, 2007

Stuffed Olives




I have been obsessing about making these stuffed olives since Haalo first posted them. I had to purchase a different variety of olive as we have limited availability of exotic foods around here, but they worked very well. My olives were already pitted, so I sliced them lengthwise in half, stuffed them and then gently pieced them back together. They worked very well, though mine are not nearly as beautifully breaded and fried.

I think Danny would have ate the whole batch if I’d have let him. I had a bit of filling left over, so I’ll make more this evening.

One point worth noting-the olives I used were very salty, and combined with the cheeses and seasoned bread crumbs, was a bit much for my liking. Taste your olives first and if they seem overly salty, it might make sense to soak them in water for a bit before stuffing and frying them.

No comments: