Tuesday, July 10, 2007


BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BUTTER
This recipe is very simple to prepare, and as it is baked, requires less attention while cooking than other methods.
My husband remembers his grandmother making a nearly identical dish. I can't imagine when she found the time as she was always knitting beautiful, elaborate clothing for her grandchildren (which her Great Grandchild is now making use of).
I suppose it was the breadcrumbs, butter and parsley, but the dish made me think of chicken Kiev (which I have not made in a while-maybe I should).
For 6 Pieces:
Chicken Thighs
2 cups white bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped flat parsley
3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash and clean chickens trimming away excess fat.
Combine bread crumbs, parsely, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Melt butter in another bowl. Dip the pieces of chicken in the butter, then quickly cover with crumbs. Place in a baking dish (a 9x13 works great) so that the pieces do not touch. Drizzle extra butter on top of pieces and bake, uncovered for an hour or until tender.

No comments: