Friday, October 12, 2007

Red Pepper Humus/Curried Mushroom Turnovers


I still had quite a bit of chickpeas left so I took the easy way out and made humus. I've made the curried mushroom turnovers before and you can find the recipe HERE.
Doing a bit of reading, it seems that humus is frequently made with peanut butter as a less expensive substitute for tahini. That did make me wonder if soy or sunflower butter would work for people with allergies, and I'm tempted to give it a try next time.
For The Humus:
4 cups cooked chick peas
1/4 cup tahini
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 small handful of parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
water as needed to thin
1 roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
Olives to garnish
Toss it all in the food processor and thin with water until you have the desired consistency.

No comments: