Friday, November 23, 2007

Homemade Noodles


I understand some people are rather particular about the way they cut their noodles-I'm not. No, you're not likely top see me taking a ruler to the dough so each noodle can be uniform size and length. Feel free to do so if you're inclined, but I have better ways to spend my time. Believe me, no one is going to notice when they get a pile of these beautiful egg noodles on their plate smothered in butter.


You Will Need:


1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

3 eggs

3 tablespoons heavy cream.


Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl. Make a well, add the eggs and cream. Stirring with a fork, work it into a ball of dough. Cover and let rest ten minutes.


Knead dough until smooth.


Flour your work surface and roll out the dough very thin. if it is too sticky, keep flouring the rolling pin.


Cover with a towel and let rest 30 minutes.


Cut into strips (some people roll the dough first, I do not). Move to a rack to dry for at least two hours (4+ is actually better).


Cook about 8 minutes in a pot of boiling broth.

No comments: