Monday, January 28, 2008

Curried Potatoes


When you boil the potatoes, consider saving out a cup of the potato water for baking bread. I use it to make the sour starter for my rye breads, but potato water can give any bread a lift. You're boiling potatoes anyway, seems like such a shame to just toss the water away.


I don't really have a recipe for these. I fry and onion in a generous amount of oil, toss in the potatoes, some cooked peas and two teaspoons Madras curry powder. A little salt to balance it out and that's about it.


The following few recipes (scroll down) were all part of my Indian inspired dinner tonight. I made naan, paneer, curried peas and saag. We'll have a few nights of leftovers from one day's cooking which is always nice. If you've never made paneer, it really is the simplest thing to do-and then you get to brag about how you made cheese, all by yourself.


Anyway, scroll through the next few posts and try to imagine the dishes on a plate, since I'm afraid they just aren't terribly attractive the way I've presented them here. It washowever, a delicious meal I'd consider worth the effort. It also met with approval from Danny.

No comments: