Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Have Goat A-Thawin'

About two pounds of bone-in chunks of goat meat. I guess I'll do a stew as I can't really think of anything else. As much as I like the idea of goat tamales, the thought of standing on my feet doing all that work is enough to dissuade me. I'm still not really feeling well and even under the best conditions, tamales are a major project.

Today I made another batch of pierogi dough and used up the rest of the filling. That ended up being close to five dozen, all told. I'll cook half of the second batch tonight and again, freeze the rest. As a two-day project, it wasn't bad and now I have a few ready-made meals in the freezer.

Danny has requested parfaits for tomorrow. I can't say I've ever made parfaits, but how hard can layering pudding and whipped cream in a glass be...(from my mouth to God's ears...)?

No comments: