Sunday, April 13, 2008

Old Dutch Cheese Meteorites



Hey, you know what? I like the white cheddar flavouring in the Dutch Crunch popcorn as much as the next person, but I think they went a bit overboard in this bag-what do you think? The two large white objects are solid (and quite heavy) masses of congealed powdered cheese coating that never did make it onto the actual popcorn. Sometimes, you get small clumps of the cheese in a bag of popcorn and that's always kind of nice-that soft, squishy salty cheesey grit against your teeth. This? No, that's just too much cheesy pleasure-for anyone. Certainly me. We added the apple for scale-would you lookit the size of them there cheese balls? I could roll those suckers in chopped nuts and give Kaukuna a run for the cheese-ball/log market.

I should note that I actually had to stop my husband from eating them. He was really going to do it. I think I'll put them out in the yard for the deer-as a salt lick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call the Product Comments 800# on the bag! They'll send you coupons for free product!!

I've done that (legit'ly; not lying for freebies) with tuna, toothpaste and, not a complaint but a compliment, bottled iced tea.

Goody said...

I would if those Cheese-eating-Vermeer-loving-popcorn popping bastards had their number on the bag!

In a completely serious tone, L just looked at me and asked what it is I find so off-putting about the big globs of cheese? He's like, "Yay, bonus!"

Anonymous said...

I hafta say that I'm with L on this one. That cheese is way more expensive than the popcorn, and the popcorn is just the carrier for the taste of the cheese. The popcorn isn't the main attraction in a regular (non-asteroid containing) bag; it's the cheesey flav! Mmmm, it's prolly all salty too.

I'll bet some factory person (obviously a dude) saw the globs stuck in the corners of a machine and tossed them into a bag as a bonus - a cheesy popcorn equiv of a Cracker Jacks prize - for some lucky consumer.

Page D. said...

Email them:
customerservice@olddutchfoods.com
Maybe they will send you more bonus cheese blobs.

Goody said...

Page d. that's awesome! I'm going to do it-I'll keep you guys posted if they respond.