Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Oh, Hello There!

I wanted to get out before the heat, so early this morning I was at the grocer buying fruit. This week blueberries, cherries and strawberries were on sale. These aren't for canning. The cherries are going to be a pie, and the strawberries and blueberries are going into homemade ice lollies. I was standing in line when I felt something itchy down the front of my sun dress. I wasn't about to reach in and scratch because it was crowded, and you know there are security cameras everywhere now. I waited until I was in the car to extract what I thought would be a loose thread. Imagine my surprise when a large box elder bug came hopping out, looked at me like I was disturbing him, and then flew away disgusted.

Insert joke about "Democrats" in my bra*

*Box elder bugs are called Democrats as a slur in Nebraska because they tend to come out in droves around primary time. Ha, ha, ha.

No comments: