Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Closest I'll Be Getting To Hawaii


.99 cents at Goodwill-you would have bought it too. It is pretty old (can tell by the label) and appears to be a tourist item brought back from Hawaii (made in Honolulu). My husband (who lived there as a young child) took a look at it and did one of those eye rolls that silently say, "Oh my god, next you're going to be carrying a floral plastic shopping bag and offering me Jordan Almonds." Sure, it is somewhat old-lady-ish, but for heaven's sake, I'm an old lady! And I have absolutely no taste at all in clothing. For .99 cents I can indulge my tacky tendencies. I think it will look lovely with a black turtleneck and black trousers. It is still drip-drying, but the colour is pretty close when dry.

I did resist the urge to purchase the beautiful elaborate saris someone donated. I should have, as the fabric was gorgeous.

No comments: