Friday, September 26, 2008

Off To Look For Apples

I'm going to disconnect from "the internets" for a while before I lose whatever faith I have left in humanity. I understand that the people who leave comments at the end of stories in the newspaper are a vocal minority that feel free to say things behind a keyboard they would never say in person...however, I can't look at it anymore. Once in a while it's good to disconnect.

Instead, I'm going to look for a nearby orchard to take Danny apple picking. This weekend is (I think) the last farmer's market in Omaha so I'll try to get up there tomorrow as well. Maybe a trip to Council Bluffs to the Union Pacific Railroad Museum to play with the train simulator ("Look mama, I'm driving the train!") which is the most fun a three year old can have that doesn't involve eating ice cream for breakfast.

I'm sure we'll do something fun, and at least I won't have to read all the self-righteous, finger-pointing-moralising-know-it-alls opining gleefully at the misery of others. Really people, there but for the grace of God-ya know?

Now, to find a good orchard. I know there are a few locals that read the blog-any suggestions in Saunders County?

No comments: