Friday, November 21, 2008

Next Up-Tangerine Jelly

I was surprised how fast the Mandarin orange jelly was devoured and snatched-up to take home. Obviously, it was good (it was really good) but I also think it is unusual to find a citrus jelly rather than the more common marmalades. Tangerines went on sale here Wednesday, so I was at the store early to get the heaviest, nicest ones. We tasted one last night and they are indeed juicy, though less tart than I would have expected from a tangerine. These are from Florida.

It was kind of a stupid project to pick when my hands are all cracked and cut-up from the drier weather and bread baking. Oh well, it hurts to be beautiful...or a home economist. Same thing, really.

I'm off to chop tangerine pulp. I hope everyone has a terrific weekend.

No comments: