Friday, May 29, 2009

My Danny Wanted Garlic Bread



Danny is still getting over a pretty awful virus. He had been sick with a sinus infection for about ten days, and then picked this up towards the end. By the time we got to the doctor he had 104 degree F fever and couldn't stop coughing. And no appetite.

So after a couple days of living on juice, Danny seemed to get his appetite back and requested garlic bread. He took a few bites and apologised-he still can't stomach much food. That's OK, I have a freezer filled with ice lollies, malt cups and other things that go down easily.

In what I'm sure is completely unrelated, but kind of funny-he's in the living room playing cannibal/zombie/dinosaur/Godzilla and I heard:
"Uuuugghhh, I just vomited a missionary!"

Thank god he's homeschooled-can you imagine the telephone calls I'd be getting from teachers?

You Will Need:

Bread(mine is a mixture of white, wheat and rye)
Butter
Finely chopped garlic
Hard Cheese (I used Pepato)
Salt/Pepper/Missionaries to taste

Mash the butter with the garlic and spread it on bread. Top with cheese and set under broiler for a couple minutes.

3 comments:

Raymond said...

Two good reasons for home-schooling: sick kid stays home and doesn't infect others; "vomited a missionary" indicates he's getting a WAAAAAAY more intelligent education than he could from a committee-approved curriculum.

That "vomited" comment is being added to my archive of great Danny comments..

Raymond said...

By the way, every food from this post down to "Thumbprint Cookies" looks absolutely A+. (not sure about the pickled mushrooms) *envy!*

Goody said...

I don't know if I ever told you this story:

Danny was at the doctor and was told to "open wide and say aaahhh"

Being Danny, he looks at the doctor and says somewhat conspiratorially:

"You want to see my uvula-don't you?"


Thanks for the compliments. The mushrooms were pretty nice too. Half of this stuff I can't eat, so I have no idea how they turned out, but L. really liked the corned beef.