Monday, June 15, 2009

Udon Noodles With Tofu, Ginger, Lemon and Sesame


The only changes I made to the recipe were substituting Udon noodles for the Soba, and using a squirt of hot sauce instead of the cayenne-otherwise I followed Jaden's recipe which was adapted from Heidi's, which was adapted from some fancy joint in San Francisco that I'll never get to. Then, I told two friends, and they told two friends and pretty soon we were all washing our hair in honey and beer...and cooking tofu. (Yeah, you need to be over forty to get that one.) I did use regular old extra-firm tofu because I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm just happy I can find tofu at all.

Go HERE for the recipe, and while you're there, check out her formula for making perfect rice. It works-perfectly. Really, that technique has changed my life.

Did I mention how quick and easy this was to prepare? Fast. Easy. Really, really good.

No comments: