Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Birthday Countdown

Just about a month to go-and I still haven't planned out the Birthday cake. It will be difficult to out-do last year's, but I suppose that's what's expected.

Danny's rather taken with the whole Martian/Space Alien thing, though he makes a distinction between "good" and "bad" Martians. The ones that abduct people and probe them-very bad. As Danny so eloquently put it:
"I prefer nice Martians."

Yes well, don't we all?

Right. So I'm thinking a flying saucer cake-I have large round pans and then I could bake the top layer in a bowl. Maybe little green men cookies walking down a slab of chocolate for a ramp? Anyone have ideas that don't involve wiring the whole cake with LED lights?

How did it get to be the middle of November already?

2 comments:

Raymond said...

Judging from your baking plans, it sounds like you'll be close to the shape of last month's Balloon Boy silver balloon shape. So how 'bout a Balloon Boy cake, with maybe a photo of Danny peeking out of the undercarriage with a small caption balloon saying something to the press?

[This post's verification word is "crunts," which sounds particularly naughty.]

Goody said...

At first read I thought you were suggesting that my baking is making me close to the shape of a balloon.

I must be the only person in America that didn't see that saga unfold on TV. I never actually saw a picture of it, or the kid.

"Crunts" would be a great name for a punk band.