Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How To Get What You Want

-By being dishonest, manipulative, and if all else fails, postive thinking.
(Except for the next to last person in the article who filled her response with so much self-help-pop-psychology-Oprah-code-speak, that I had to stop reading. I don't care how sincere a person is, when I read, "Blessed", "Pay it forward", "Random acts of kindness", and "Attitude" in the same sentence, I tune out. It sounds rehearsed).

OK, I get it-an editor for Cosmopolitan wrote a self-help book (nah, that isn't a punchline) and is promoting it, so the paper went out and asked local women how they "get what they want."

I know Omaha is a small city, but you couldn't find better responses than these? Crying? Come on, this is a freaking adult? You have to take some disappointment in life. If your spouse didn't want a dog, and you cried to manipulate him into agreeing...I don't know. I wouldn't want to be in a marriage like that. Geez, can you imagine that level of bullshit game-playing? I know people live like this, but it sure does sound unpleasant. I guess as long as you got what you wanted, that's all that matters.

No wonder all these surveys keep telling us young people think nothing of cheating on exams.

No comments: