Saturday, April 02, 2011

We All Have Our Gifts

It was incredibly busy at the museum today, but I was lucky enough to find a parking spot, so I parked. Upon getting out of the car, a group of people standing nearby, complimented me on my parallel parking. I hadn't really thought about it, I just parked, as I probably did thousands of times over ten years of living in East Boston. I suppose I got good at it.

"I didn't think you'd be able to make it into that space either." Mr. ETB confided as we walked.

"If you think that was impressive, you should have seen me park at the library yesterday-it was uphill and on a curve."

If I had any muscles, I'd flex them in a showy fashion. Maybe crack my knuckles and mutter something about, "all in a day's work." But really, I just put the car into a space. Sheesh.

No comments: