Thursday, January 23, 2014

Vintage Ikora

 This small, footed dish has saved me numerous repeated steps up and down the (too many) stairs at home. On each landing, I like to keep a dish, or basket so I can maximise my efforts, bringing with me what I would otherwise forget. Come home from a day out, I leave my rings, bracelets, etc. in the dish to be carried up later and put away. I'm not the most organised person, but I find this helps. Having a beautiful tray to sit on the landing makes it all the nicer.
 I paid $3.99 for the tray at the thrift store, and felt I was overpaying. Still, there's something to be said for having things around that you enjoy, and it is so much nicer than a plastic tray from the dollar store.

A bit of Googling tells me Ikora developed this method of plating where it looks like mother of pearl. It is German, mid-century, and somewhat heavy considering it isn't silver.
I'm not sure what my life has come to when I feel $3.99 is really splashing out at the thrift store, but there you have it.

If you live in a multi-floor house, how do you keep organised?

No comments: