Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dutch Crunch/Tijerbrood ("Tiger Bread")



















Not only was this quick (by yeast bread standards) with two short rises, but simple enough to put together. The recipe comes via Bakingsheet and may be found HERE.

One note:
In the recipe for the topping it was not mentioned how to put it together. An experienced baker would read the list of ingredients and know to proof the yeast in the warm water and sugar, adding the rest of the liquid items and then the flour-I think the novice might be confused. So, that’s how you do it.

I can see making this often, though I might make the rolls a bit smaller-recipe makes six.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I'm pleased to see that the recipe worked out for you, but actually, I did include instructions on how to put together the topping:

"Combine all topping ingredients in a medium bowl and mix very well. Let stand for 15 minutes."

There is no order or method required beyond that in this case.