Friday, February 09, 2007

Frosted Lemon Poundcake Filled With Lemon Ice Cream



I never claimed it was health food. The monstrosity is made from a split and hollowed out lemon pound cake filled with tart lemon ice cream and a stiff frosting made from butter, Crisco and confectioner’s sugar. I topped it with parlsocker (pearl sugar) because I was in a hurry to finish and didn’t want to dirty another pastry bag.

I’ll get the component recipe parts posted over the weekend as I’m a bit pressed for time today, but here is the lemon ice cream.

You will need:

¼ cup lemon juice
1 cup superfine sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cream ½ cup half and half (what we call “light cream” in the East)

Dissolve the sugar in lemon juice. Add the rest and process according to machine directions. See? I told you it was simple.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: