Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pasta With Red Onion And Grape Tomatoes


I thought my husband needed a break from eating mutton twice a day, every day since Sunday. Pasta sounded good and with the grape tomatoes only costing me .50 cents, I couldn't really go wrong. Sure, fresh basil would have been nice if I had it, but dried worked OK too.


You Will Need:


1 large red onion, chopped

1/2 stick unsalted butter

3-4 tablespoons olive oil

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (or because we have a child, quartered)

1/4 cup chopped, black olives (I used Kalamata)

1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese cut into very tiny cubes

1 tablespoon dried basil

1 sprig chopped rosemary

1 teaspoon dried thyme

salt and pepper

Cooked Pasta


Melt the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and olives. Add the red wine vinegar (to help the onion keep colour). Cook until soft. Add the spices and mix well. In the last few minutes before serving, add the tomatoes and cheese, just to warm them through. Toss with hot pasta.

No comments: