Saturday, June 11, 2022

Technical Difficulties

Hello, all. 
I had been working on a post over the last couple of weeks, but Blogger kindly got rid of autosave, and then ate my post. I guess I should have backed it up somewhere, though that's always a mess when I try to then post to here. The new Blogger never worked well on my laptop, and the App for posting from my phone keeps posts from having photos for readers with desktops. It is such a damn mess. I can live without spell check, but auto save was important. Eventually they will stop supporting Blogger and then we'll all have to figure out what to do, but I do see that Blogger's day as a useable thing are drawing to a close.

I want to thank everyone for your kind comments on the post before last. I didn't have the energy to answer comments on that particular post as it was so upsetting, but I did read all your comments, and appreciate them. 

Rather than try to recreate a long post, how about I bring everyone up to date and just toss in some photos? 

I have acquired a pair of shoes that match (almost) everything.



Nantucket Lightship basket


Last week, I managed to slice my thumb open on the edge of a metal canning lid. I've been canning for years and never had that happen. These were "off brand" lids, not Ball/Kerr. I bought them because of the shortage as that was all that was available. And here's the result. Anyway, the stitches are already out and all is well. I'm lucky to have an Urgent Care two minutes drive down Dodge Street. There was quite a lot of blood-Monty Pythonesque amounts of blood. I swear I didn't sign anything at the library.

They kindly wrapped it in gauze to match my outfit. 
It was a pretty great outfit.
Vintage cotton/poly jumpsuits that don't require ironing are the best. 

The garnet/diamond necklace was a gift from my sister when I graduated High School. 



Early Thursday we dropped Dan at the airport to leave for France. Nine hours later, we picked him up as they were stuck at Epply, and would have missed their connecting flight in Atlanta. This worked out okay though. Next day, his school group and teachers were flying in a chartered jet to France. I don't know how this was worked out, or if someone knew someone in charge, but they ended up in seats that had more room than first class seats on a lot of airlines, and they arrived rested and ready to tour the country. They did lose a day, but I have to think a chartered flight more than makes up for it. He's there until the 19th and I hope he's having a blast. 



I wish he'd not been wearing the mask-you can't see his "Fidel" beard. I'm sure it will be all that much more grown in when I see him in a couple weeks. 
I wore this dress all winter with a poloneck beneath it. Now it is being switched around for summer. 






Even I'm impressed with how well everything matched!

I had a haircut. Not much, just snipping off the split ends. It was enough to do the trick.



A couple pieces of Made in India cotton. Perfect for this time of year. 


The bag is plastic, not straw. Great in a downpour though!
90s rayon dress...








Those vintage shoes ARE straw and do not go out in the rain. 

Summer Goth. Or something like that. 



I bought a pair of jeans for the first time in years. These are from Target.
Just add a skateboard.
I dressed a lot like this in the 90s, when I wasn't working. My work attire was a lot less interesting. God, I hated all that beige, minimalist 90s shit.
The jeans are fair trade and responsible water use. They're also perfect. I should go grab another pair before they're gone. I don't have another 30 years in me until the next time wide jeans come back in style. 


You've seen all of this before...











Thrifted dress. I will be removing the ruffle at the sleeves as it is annoying. 

Can I match a handbag or what?!
Necklace was a gift from Dan when he was little. He picked it out anyway. 

That's about it, or about all I can remember. I'll try to post more often and see if keeping it short and frequent works better. 

I'll leave you with some people in Omaha that can't parallel park. I think it is more selfishness than anything as there's a perfectly good lot with angle parking a few steps beyond these spots if they really couldn't manage the parking. Anyway, don't park like a dickhead, and I'll see you later. Take care.






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I like wide leg pants. Your wide leg jeans are wonderful. Hum ....there is a Target near me , very tempting wish I fit in hip huggers. Love the belt with them.

Your red jump suit is marvelous . The cut of the legs are nice with them as well. Never knew medical gauze came in colors. Sorry about your sore thumb. Thin can lids really can cause damage.

It is wonderful your son is exploring the world. It sure is hard to believe that little boy has grown up. You have a lot to be proud of.

Best Wishes Always,
Gail from PA.

Anonymous said...

You can absolutely match a handbag. Every single was of these bags are beautiful.

bahnwärterin said...

i had to install an other browser for writing/layouting my blog..... but when i read what hassle people have with (payed for) wordpress-blogs..... i praise blogger :-D

you outdone yourself this time with your outfits!!!
everything looks like from a page of a posh fashion mag. every single look. LOVE.

wish danny a gorgeous time in france - the aeroplane upgrade sounds fab!

xxxxx

Polyester Princess said...

I've noticed some issues with Blogger too, but so far - fingers crossed - it never ate any of my posts.
Sorry to hear about your thumb! I did something similar once, but there were no stitches involved. But hey, you got matching gauze! The jumpsuit is a stunner by the way.
The matching outfit with the denim dress is another favourite: how gorgeous is that bag!
I'm hoping Dan is having a blast in France, and yes, that chartered flight will go a long way in making up for that lost day! xxx

Emily said...

I love those multicolored shoes! They really look like they'd match a lot of outfits, especially those red and yellow outfits you showed us toward the end of your post.

The blue dress and white accessories were great. That purse, in particular, looks like it would go with a lot of denim outfits. Maybe this will be some incentive to look for more wide-legged jeans and blue tops.

Hope your thumb feels better soon.

Bon voyage to Dan!

Vix said...

I hope Danny is having the time of his life in France. Talk about arriving in style!
Great outfits, the jumpsuit and chambray maxi dress especially. The colourful sandals are lovely, too.
W*nkers who drive those trucks always seem to park like that here, too - big cars=small IQ xxx

Beth Waltz said...

Agreed, a chartered flight is more than compensation for a delayed departure. Good for Danny, learning contemporary French on the ground! Decades have passed since my student days and so while I can follow conversations in vintage Bruno Cremer "Maigret" television episodes I'm baffled by some French newscasts.

The blue bag with floral ornament is exactly the "right" accent for the deep flounce of your versatile denim dress and the fresh white of the bolero sweater. (Had to think for a moment to identify that flash of red...hope your finger is fully healed.)

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

I do hope you're not right about Blogger; I don't know what I'd do if it disappeared...

Loving the fabulous shoes that go with everything and what a marvellous array of outfits. Loved the jumpsuit; the blue sleeveless dress with bolero type cardi; all so fabulous and the jewellery and bags were magnificent. You certainly can match a bag. Fab wide legged jeans; quick go buy another pair before they discontinue them - they always do that to things you like!

Shit parking indeed.

Hope Danny has a brilliant time in France; what a great trip he has in store.
xxx

Sheila said...

Blogger's not going anywhere - Google owns it and why would they give up all that free data we give them? I'm on Chrome and am using the "new" Blogger and it does still auto-save! There is an option to export your entire blog to a new site, so if they do decide to do away with it, we'll have plenty of notice, and you can get a domain name and pay some kid to set up a webpage for you. :)

Your outfits are all new to me! I love seeing all your gorgeous jewelry - I especially admire the silver pieces that you wore with your chambray dress. LOVE your wide-legged jeans! So fun!

Thank you for the "Collins of Texas" logo - that is Enid Collins (a later purse). She registered trademarks for every single one of her bags - they are worth a lot of $ these days and very desirable to collectors.

Sorry to hear you sliced your thumb open (that's a very Sheila thing to do!), but how lovely that they wrapped you up to match your fabulous jumpsuit!

Gah, people can be so STOOPID. I just can't let myself get worked up about it.

Goody said...

@Gail
Go try a pair on. They're only hip-huggers on me. I believe they're supposed to fit higher on the waist. They also run big, so size down if you try ordering them online.
I have to can my cherry vinegar tomorrow and you can be certain I'm wearing gloves. Not going to do that a second time.
Dan is a great kid. I've really missed him this week.

@Anon 1:02
Thank you!

@Beate
Thank you. I don't feel high fashion, but I appreciate the compliment.
Haven't heard much from Dan so I assume he's having a good time. He did email to let me know the medicine he takes for lactose intolerance is working. I guess he was determined to eat croissants in France!

@Ann
The stitches healed quickly. I'm hoping it stays closed for good, but my skin is so dry sometimes that doesn't happen. I wish I could just apply glue to my entire hand ;)
I doubt the flight coming home will be as luxurious.

@Emily
I always like the look of colour blocking on other people but rarely do it myself. Maybe the shoes will inspire me more. They're a preppy's dream.
My thumb is healed just in time for the pool to open tomorrow.

@Vix
There's no excuse really with the newer cars and trucks as they all have cameras and screens that show you where the lines are. Some even have "park assist" where the damn thing parks itself. I spent 10 years living and parking in East Boston, MA where parking is near to impossible on a good day, and the lines aren't neatly marked out. I should sit there with a chair and a sign offering to park cars for 5 bucks. Wonder how many takers I'd get?!

@Beth
Dan started teaching himself French years ago and was already more or less fluent when he got to High School. He's really good at languages being one of those people that can study a grammar for a couple days and be able to run with it. I was surprised to find out he knows some Russian and can spot the different Cyrillic alphabets at a glance. He definitely doesn't get that from me. I suffered through German at school and know just enough Gaelic to be entertaining. That said, Duolingo isn't a terrible way to refresh your knowledge.

@Vronni
I'm afraid they'll just neglect it until the damn thing becomes useless. I don't know what I'll do either-I guess there's Tumblr but it isn't great for long form writing.
He'd only been gone a few days but I miss my baby! I don't know what I'm going to do when he moves.

@Sheila
There's so few of us using blogs I wonder what they're actually getting? I hope you're right. I have chrome too-but it doesn't work for me. Hmmm
I haven't got the bill for it yet, but it was $50 upfront to stitch my finger and god knows how much the insurance will be billed for, and how much they will pay out. American healthcare is a drag.