Friday, April 26, 2024

We Are Fine

 Just a quick update for people that might be seeing tornado footage coming out of Omaha. We missed the worst of it, and I luckily cancelled an appointment I had in the western part of the city when I heard the weather radio alert. I would have been driving right into the tornado path. 

Lincoln, Nebraska took heavy damage as well. No amount of storm spotter training prepares you for seeing a multi-vortex tornado in real time. We're still getting details, but it looks pretty bad. 

Anyway, if you can keep the impacted people in your thoughts, that would be great. 

 

6 comments:

bahnwärterin said...

i´m so very glad you´r fine!
tornados sound so very frigthening - what i read and saw at telly about, thankfully europe gets them very seldom and only in a mini-version. my best wishes go to the impacted people.
you were very wise to not venture out while tornado alert was out!
stay safe and heartfelt greetings! xxxxx

Anonymous said...

The NYT had a photo essay on the damage caused by the tornadoes and it is devastating for the people effected. Stay safe .
Best Wishes,
Gail from PA.

Polyester Princess said...

I'm glad to hear you're fine, as I've been thinking of you since I read about the tornados on the news this morning. Thank you for putting my mind to rest. Take care and stay safe! xxx

ARMIDA DE MEXICALI said...

todas mis oraciones estan con usted, su familia y con toda la poblacion que haya resultado afectada. cuidese mucho

Vix said...

I'm very pleased to hear that you're okay. x

winniesgirl said...

So glad to hear that you are safe & ok! Kathy