Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Chocolate Mousse



This was my first attempt at mousse and it went rather well. My mother always hated mousse as she felt it was “slimy” but I rather think she would have liked this one as it has some real heft to it and while creamy from the whipped cream, it is anything but slimy. I used her stemware to serve in.

The recipe I intended to use frightened me off with the raw egg whites (I’m currently being treated for an illness with medications that suppress my immune system and I think raw eggs would just be asking for it). Instead, I turned to the internet and found a similar recipe without the use of raw egg whites.

I made this with Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate which was acceptable but not the best call. Were I to make this again, I’d use better quality chocolate and I’d go at least half bittersweet. My husband and son devoured theirs without finding it too sweet.

The recipe may be found HERE.

No comments: