Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Father's Day Ideas





I used my favourite butter cookie recipe and rolled the cookies thick so they will hold up to shipping. I didn't have fish-shaped cutters so I made templates from card stock. I think they look pretty good. I'll be sending them off to the Pacific Northwest for my father-in law's birthday which falls very near Father's Day. Packed in a tackle box, it would be extra cute.

Of course, it wouldn't be Father's Day if I didn't ship him the coconut bread that I send every year.

Part of the problem is shipping this time of year. Obviously, chocolate is out, but so are most breads that go stale quickly in the heat. The coconut bread could withstand nuclear war. Probably.

I started baking the coconut breads and making the dough for the cookies at three this afternoon. By nine, everything was finished and the cookies were drying. Not bad, and I did get plenty of time to sit down between batches.

No comments: