Friday, June 27, 2008

Peach Cobbler

Easy does not necessarily mean good and this cobbler was not-good. Because I do not wish to hurt the feelings of the person that posted it, I won't link to the recipe, but take my word for it, yuck.

The idea is to brown a stick of butter, place it in the bottom of the pan, then pour on a batter that gets topped with fruit and brown sugar. Too sweet, bad texture, yuck again..

Admittedly, this may be my own preference for biscuit dough topping that gets dolloped on rather than this cake/pudding idea. No-after considering it further, it really isn't any good.

Oh well, you win some you lose some when trying recipes off the Internet. Have I mentioned how much I miss my cookbooks that were ruined in the tornado? By the way, we had 90 (not a typo) mph winds blowing through our county this afternoon. There wasn't any rotation so technically it was a tornado but dang if that wasn't stronger than some hurricanes I lived through back East. Have I mentioned how sick I am of this weather? Oh yeah, I guess I have.

Tomorrow I'm making apricot jam and the following day, cherry preserves. I have so much fruit in my house right now the kitchen looks like a farm stand. Too bad I had to waste peaches on this crappy cobbler.

Ick.

No comments: