Monday, June 15, 2009

Two Pepper Stir-Fry


I went ahead and made this in case Danny didn't go for the sesame tofu-he ended up devouring both, which now firmly places us in the realm of Americans that eat Asian food and order ten different dishes to share. Noodles, rice-what the heck, starch is good. I'm being sarcastic-I've never understood that convention people have, and I'm always slightly embarrassed when I'm with people that do it. Wait...no...must step off soapbox...feeling lecture coming on...must fight temptation to preach...

Yeah, OK. So this is more food than we needed, but at least I didn't fire up the deep fat and make a Pu-Pu platter to go with it.

You Will Need:

2 green bell peppers, sliced
2 red bell peppers, sliced,
1 large onion, sliced in spears
1/2 teaspoon granulated dry garlic
1 tin bamboo shoots, drained
Marinade:
1 tablespoon garlic black bean sauce
1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup cooking oil
A generous shake of dried red pepper flakes

Rice for serving

Make the marinade and place in a plastic bag with the vegetables-let sit several hours. Stir fry quickly and serve hot over rice.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooooo....my favorite. I LOVE Peppers & I saw your seasame tofu dish link & that is something I want to try too. Mmmmmm.....Nice Dinner & enjoyed the conversation too!