Thursday, June 20, 2013

Half Birthday








Yes, we celebrate "half" Birthdays-well, Danny's anyway. I asked what sort of a cake he wanted, and he replied, "A glue bottle." You ask, I bake. I made some cookies as well. With that out of the way, I can pack the baking items. Just under four weeks to moving day, now.

We waited in the kitchen for Danny to get up this morning, both wearing Woody Woodpecker masks (thank god for Amazon!). There's something a little David Lynch about two people puttering around like normal in the kitchen wearing cartoon masks (I'm thinking the bunny head people from Inland Empire), but we figure it will give Danny great stories to tell about us when we're gone.




3 comments:

Raymond said...

Actually, I think it's more Roman Polanski to be in masks. (But for that you'd also need a riding crop and a dominatrix outfit.)

I always mark my "half" birthday as well. Of course!

Goody said...

You make it sound like I *don't* have a riding crop and dominatrix outfit...

Raymond said...

BTW, I have a riding crop. I found it in my grandparent's house after they died. That was in 1980, and I've been playing out a scene in my head involving them ever since.