Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eye Magazine


I picked up a year's worth of these at a library sale and thought I'd share some of the finer pop culture points of 1968. You know, this just makes me want to make hair rollers out of old frozen orange juice containers and look at a lava lamp. I didn't have a lava lamp-I did have some cool posters.Yeah, my sister tried that-she had green hair all summer. It went well with the fake orange tan stuff.
Hey, I never thought of using Wonder Bread as a path to my husband's heart. Damnit-all that fussing with home baked artisan breads when i could have picked up a loaf of Wonder.
This almost reminds me of the old Herbal Essence bottle.

Ooooh! 8-tracks!
To steal a line from the furniture row ad-"That's just not natural."
"Candy" Bergen before she was the "Widdah Malle." Gosh, what was she in that photo, like 16?
Great news everybody-alienation is dead. Look, it says so on her sleeve button. Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the Candy Bergen cover: at the bottom of the article listings is a reference to Tiny Tim!! I LOVED HIM!! His was the first album I ever owned, and I saw him in ~1993 in San Francisco (yes, live in concert!).

"...I am The VIPER!..."