Monday, December 22, 2008

Some Favourites

With the holidays in full-swing I thought it might be a good time to re-post some of my favourite festive recipes. I think the strawberry Bavarian would make a lovely addition to a New Year's Day luncheon, provided you can get decent strawberries. I've also had great results with the frozen grapefruit mousse made with oranges as well. I've never tried lemon.

I'm planning an elaborate Nesslerode pudding for Christmas, but it will have to be made without chestnut puree due to nut allergy. I realise this does not make it a traditional Nesslerode pudding, but I think that will be OK.

Here then are a few favourites you may enjoy as well:

Zucker Bretzelen (Sugar Pretzels)

Chocklbrod Cookies

Rosewater Cookies

Orange Slices In Bourbon

Chocolate Candied Oranges

Cookies For Your Pinko Friends HERE and HERE

Hard Candy (clove and anisette)

Stollen

Grapefruit Mousse

Grapefruit Compote With Star Anise

Strawberry Bavarian (from hell, but worth it)

Pineapple Danish

Rugelach

Chocolate Covered Caramels

Caramel Popcorn

Pineapple Cookies

Beet Souffle

Cinnamon Crispies

Coconut Macaroons

Maple Sugar Pie

Lamb Pot Pie (goat will substitute fine here)

Anisette Biscotti

Kichels

Butterscotch Candy

Lama bi Ajeen (a really impressive appetiser)

Baccala (salt cod)-perfect for one of the Seven Fishes or perhaps you prefer Brandade

Doughnuts

Happy Holidays!



No comments: