Monday, March 29, 2010

Very Quiet

I seem to have developed laryngitis again. Danny has come down with a bit of a sore throat as well (and a cough, and general yuck). Because my voice is so generally weak now, I can't tell if I'm actually getting sick. Still, it is nice for Mr. ETB as he doesn't have to listen to me. Well, he knew he was marrying someone that never shuts up, so really, we shouldn't feel all too sorry for him.

Saturday was the Severe Weather Awareness Symposium. That was fun, and the exhibits were interesting. I have some glossy, educational posters about weather to send to Saskatchewan, as soon as I can find a tube to post them. I mean, the posters were free-you knew I'd grab enough to share ;)

On the first floor, the newly credentialed storm spotters were waiting to have their identification photos taken. When the NOAA alerts are issued, you can usually tell if it is serious weather based on whether or not storm spotter activation will be necessary. Every time I hear, "Storm spotter activation", I hear it like the old Super friends cartoon:
"Stormspotters...ACTIVATE!" Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only person my age that thinks that, and it was ever so quiet as they stood there in line...I didn't do it. But I thought of it, and probably would have if Mr. ETB wasn't there to get all embarrassed. He's so fucking middle class.

Tonight is the first seder of Passover. Since Danny isn't feeling well, I'm going to keep things short and sweet. At least there will be matzo ball soup.

OK, I'm off to press my good tablecloth.

1 comment:

Ruth Daniels said...

I do hope you're all feeling better by now.