Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Washable Shelf Lining

Surely it is evidence I need to get out a bit more, but I'm ever so excited about the new washable shelf lining. I lined all the kitchen cabinets, drawers, etc. Then, because come on, washable shelf lining, I did the linen cupboard as well. I really like the softness of it, particularly for glasses. It does have a bit of drag, and there's a learning curve to using it (things won't slide across the shelf as they would with traditional lining) but personally, I feel this is worth the (small) effort. I haven't washed any in the dishwasher yet, but you can be sure I will post the results when I do.

I purchased Duck brand, and a store brand from K-Mart. Both seem nearly identical in weight, texture, and ease of use They were both under $5.00 a roll. The K-Mart lining came in a better assortment of colours (I found a blue, green, and white stripe for the cupboard) whereas the Duck was available only in neutrals. I bought beige, because my kitchen walls are beige, and I always try to coordinate my shelf lining with my walls. I really need to get out more.

I'm not being compensated in any way by either Duck, or K-Mart.

No comments: