Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If You're Going To Frighten Me...

...at least try to let me know what it is you're talking about.

The phone rings about ten this morning-it's my husband.

"It's OK, I got out of the building and we're waiting around to see if we can get back in."
"Huh?"
"There was a gas leak at work, in case you heard about it on the radio and were worried.."
"Um, OK. Where are you now?"
"I drove over to Goodwill to look at books."

Which makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than having everyone stand around the parking lot waiting to see if the building is going to blow. It didn't, by the way, and they eventually got back in to return to work, but I sure am glad he had the sense to take an early lunch and get out of there.

Too bad they had to go back to work though-there's a major winter storm coming in right now and it is going to be a miserable commute by the time he gets home.

In other no-so-bright news;
We have forty mph winds with blowing snow and my neighbour is burning trash in the pit. We live just to the west of said pit. Guess which direction all that smoke and flame is blowing? Yeah, that's right-good guessing. I'm sure he knows what he's doing, but jeepers!

I'm making potato/mushroom pirogi today-film at eleven!

No comments: