Sunday, October 05, 2008

From The Archives

After the pesto adventure and other assorted stuff, I was dead on my feet today. Papa and Danny ate burritos for both lunch and dinner (with scrambled egg) that my wonderful husband prepared. I pretty much laid in bed clutching my head and groaning. I'm coming out of it now, but good heavens my sinuses are going to burst. We're due for heavy rain and severe storms tonight which ought to make all the exposed hay smell deeeelicious. It's funny, the smell reminds me of something familiar (no, not mould, silly) like corn nuts and whiskey. I don't know, I can't quite place it but darn if it doesn't grab at the sinuses. I'm sure if I lived in the city I'd be complaining of smog-you take the good and bad, you know?

Looking through the archives I found a number of seasonal favourites that I thought deserved a re-posting. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

First Up: Caramel Corn
Oh, this stuff was good. Too good. What are you waiting for, go make a batch-it is easy.

While we're talking caramel-how about some Chocolate Covered Caramel Candy? You really do need cooler weather though, so don't try this if your weather is still humid.

What would Fall be without Clove Flavoured Candy Apples? Bright red, and so fun to make.

Savoury Pumpkin Fritters Anyone?

Trying to stretch the food budget? Try this Cabbage And Celery Casserole.
-and yes, you can use less expensive cheese.

The Best Homemade Noodles ever.

Tarte au Sucre-So sweet it will make your teeth ache.

What would Fall be without some Doughnuts? Be sure to serve with some cider.

Barmbracks-You might want to insert the charms after baking when you read about my mishap. Still, the recipe itself is quite delicious.

Pumpkin Cake With Fig Filling And Cream Cheese Frosting-break out your "fat pants", You're going to need them.

After all that cake, how about a cocktail? An Old Fashioned would be nice garnished with some of these Orange Slices In Bourbon.

And finally, as Summer seems farther and farther away, how about some lovely ice cream sandwiches between Rosewater Cookies? They smell like a July afternoon.


I hope you enjoy these recipes.

No comments: