Monday, September 24, 2007

Savoury Pumpkin Fritters






OK, so it is not health food- but the pumpkin is full of vitamin A.
The recipe may be found HERE.
A few points I'll make:
I needed about double the amount of flour. I also roasted an entire bulb of garlic and mashed it into a pulp before adding to the batter. When I roasted the pumpkin, I threw fresh rosemary in the water and when mashing the pumpkin added a bit of it to the mix. Otherwise, I followed the recipe pretty faithfully.
How were they? Oh, they're good. Really good. Good in a way that you might want to forgo eating all day so that the guilt in eating four or five of them will be lessened (I managed two). I served them with cous cous to which I added chopped raisins, apricots, thyme, garlic, onions, chicken broth, olive oil, and mint. A dollop of plain yoghurt rounded the meal out.

No comments: