Saturday, July 07, 2012

Monthly Saturday Book Sale at Swanson

I came home with thirty cookbooks, and two bound sets of Cooking Magic with issues from the 40's and 50's. I paid a buck for those. Anyone need 17th Century recipes for goose? I've got you covered. Oh, the wonderful books I came home with today.

We did well in the non-cookery books as well. I knew it was going to be an odd day, as the "Scowly Man" smiled at me-eye contact and everything. I wasn't sure if I should rush off to purchase a lottery ticket, given that the universe is now obviously out of whack. I know I say this after each trip to the sale (Thursdays 10-3, and the first Saturday of each month) if you're able to get to Omaha, make this a destination. I've been to many a friends of the library book sale over the years, but none are as consistently good, organised, and reasonably priced as this one.

No comments: