Monday, July 30, 2012

Stuff I Think About

Today's source of annoyance is the phrase, "Highly trained professional." I mean, that's implied, correct? I can't say I've ever heard an advertisement touting, "Half-assed trained professionals." Someone I'm sure, did some market research and decided "highly trained" sounded better than, "professional."

While I'm at it-stop saying, "Very unique." It drives me crazy. If something is unique, then it does not require "very."

And if you'd please, Get Off Of My Lawn!

2 comments:

Raymond said...

One thing I do like about Facebook is that one can "Like" a comment. I would "Like" this post (and the next one about the Medusa head at the county fair).

Goody said...

Ha, see! Mr. ETB thinks I'm just an angry, fist-waving old woman screaming at the world. Thank you, I feel much better now.