Thursday, June 04, 2015

Between the Raindrops

We caught a break in the rain for a quick set of photos. It promptly began to rain as soon as we snapped a few pictures-Thanks Mother Nature!

 Not knowing what season we're in anymore, I figured nautical would be acceptable regardless of weather (well, perhaps not if it snows!). I had my yellow ultra suede jacket on earlier, but by the time we were ready for photos, the rain had left it so muggy there was no possible way to wear it. I do like wearing primary colours together, but it just wasn't happening today. An hour later, the front came in, and it was cold again.


 I'm not ready to abandon the nan-tights quite yet. I'd have to take a mower to my legs and who the hell has the time or energy for that?!

Outfit Particulars:

Vintage, Frankly Speaking blouse-Goodwill
Gap skirt-New Life Thrift
Vintage Auditions shoes-Thrift World
60's handbag-Goodwill
Cinnabar bangle-Hand-Me-Ups
Bamboo bangles-Hand-Me-Ups
Blue bangles-Goodwill
Red plastic 60's ring-Goodwill
Red glass ring-Hobby Lobby
60's clip earrings-Hand-Me-Ups
Necklace-Goodwill
Fragrance-Courreges in Blue
Lippy-Loreal True Red

We're under all sorts of weather watches tonight for heavy rains and flooding. I do live at the top of the hill, but eventually I have to leave and it is...all downhill from here. The squash seeds have germinated in what I believe is a record for our garden-4 days! I'm taking that as a good sign.

Of Local Interest-The monthly Friends of the Library book sale is Saturday at the Swanson branch at 90th and Dodge. Three rooms (and a large hallway) filled with books, lovingly sorted and shelved by topic for easy browsing by the nicest, most dedicated group of volunteers you'll ever meet. The regular weekly sale on Thursdays continues as well. Do check out the wall of, "Books of Exceptional Value" as they tend to be things you won't see sitting around the thrift store. Look for boxes of, "Books of small and annoying sizes" as they often contain interesting (but small) items as well. Planning to go? Drop me an email and we can meet-up. I'll be the one wearing the vintage, and a fart-blaster.


And if you buy enough books, I'll flip you off in person as a thank-you!




4 comments:

ThriftyParka said...

What a delicious outfit. You do nautical very well.

Good luck at the book sale!!

Bibi said...

Love that Gap skirt. I think I've only been in a Gap store twice in my life, but recall seeing a lot of Gap branded stuff when I thrifted.
We're alternating between sweltering humid temps of 93F-95F from sunrise to 3PM, followed by violent & capricious tropical thunderstorms with walnut sized hail & downpours throughout the evening. My garden is in shreds. Let the Monsoon begin!

Curtise said...

Oh yes, red and navy are always so smart together. Sort of 1960s air stewardess, I love it!
I'd love to meet up... xxx

Goody said...

@Bibi
Gap used to be a reliable place for buying denim (early 80's) but when they started asking $100. for a pair of jeans, I stopped paying attention to them. As a university student though, their sale racks were great if you weren't too particular about the cut of your jeans.

The heat and storms can't last forever...probably?

@Curtise
Stewardess is one occupation I never gave consideration-but they did make it look so glamorous back then (before anyone knew better).