Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Think I See One Last Drop...


It wasn't even especially fancy ice cream-more an "ice milk", really. I've found that good cocoa (I used Droste) will overcome the lack of milkfat and eggs. This recipe Danny is enjoying was 1% milk with a small bit of heavy cream, sugar and cocoa. A splash of vanilla and that's it. The only drawback is one must eat it quickly as it melts faster than the custard style ice creams.
You Will Need:
1 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons powdered cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix sugar and cocoa together in a measuring cup or small bowl. Add just enough milk to make a paste and stir until smooth and any lumps are broken-up. Scrape into larger bowl, add the rest of the milk, cream and vanilla. Chill and then process in ice-cream maker according to directions.
I told you it was easy.

No comments: