Sunday, July 06, 2008

Marinated Mushroom Salad


This will also work substituting grapefruit juice for the lemon. The best part? No cooking. I do recommend tossing it frequently as it chills-may be every half hour for about four hours, to make sure it soaks evenly. The recipe was at Epicurious, but I changed it so much (after the idea of doing a simple marinade) that I'll just post my version here.

You Will Need:

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup salad oil (I used Canola)
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried chervil
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, stems removed

Wash and dry the mushrooms. Mix oil, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and sprinkle lightly (a few shakes) with the Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and stir frequently as it chills.

No comments: